[PA-NJ Glassblowers] The Henry Ford: Job Posting - FULL-TIME Glassblower
gaffer at glassblower.info
Tue Jun 27 21:32:21 EDT 2017
Jennifer was so happy with my prior posting, that she asked me to post this
full-time glassblower opportunity as well.
gaffer at glassblower.info
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE: FULL-TIME Glassblower
Guides Assistant Glassblowers in the artistic, creative and technical
processes related to the production and presentation of glass in Greenfield
Village. Oversees product development and creative output in coordination
with the Studio Supervisor, Liberty Craftworks Manager and Retail operation.
Works with the Studio Supervisor and Liberty Craftworks manager to ensure
the successful operation and delivery of all daily activities or special
programs related to the glass shop. Is accountable for the successful
execution of all glass shop team functions. Produces glass products for
sale. Reports to Shop Supervisor/Master Glass Blower.
1. Models a high level of glassblowing skill through the execution of
the entire product line at an 80% first quality accuracy
2. Ensures that glass quality, consistency, and craftsmanship are
maintained by following the predetermined guidelines for production.
3. Stays current with curriculum and developments in glass education and
in glassblowing skills and techniques.
4. Is knowledgeable and skilled in glass furnace operations and glass
equipment maintenance and repair.
5. Works with Shop Supervisor and Program Manager to ensure the physical
presentation, maintenance, and repair of the building, equipment, and tools.
Complies with OSHA and SDS standards.
6. Demonstrates glassblowing techniques to the public, delivers
presentations and provides hospitality and service to all visitors.
Communicates and models appropriate presentation and customer-focused
behaviors for glass team.
7. Works with the Studio Supervisor and the Program Manager to ensure
training and management of all glass shop staff and participates in the
recruitment and selection of new glass shop team members.
8. Works with the Shop Supervisor to design new retail collections.
9. Works to ensure communication and teamwork, and to foster a positive
10. Responsible for the maintenance of the shop records and retail
11. Ensures the maintenance of furnaces, tools and equipment for the
purposes of safety and effectiveness.
12. Responsible for development of creative work which includes, but is not
limited to, publications in any medium, product and program development and
design, and all related collateral materials.
13. Performs other activities as necessary.
. Requires BFA in Glassblowing or equivalent production shop experience.
. Coursework or research experience in American technological history or
the history of glassblowing is desirable.
. Demonstrated mastery of glassblowing required.
. Weekday, weekend, evening, and holiday availability may be required.
. Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills,
and public presentation abilities.
. Ability to train, coach, and develop employees.
. Ability to manage and work in a team-based environment essential.
. Customer service and conflict resolution skills desirable.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
Physical: Sitting: 5%
Lifting: 50+ lbs.
Mental: Observation, interpretation, analysis,
Must be able to "read" visitor needs and
interests and respond
Environment: Intense heat. Dust (respirator use may be
Gain Perspective. Get Inspired. Make History.
The Henry Ford
20900 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, MI 48124
The Henry Ford provides unique educational experiences based on authentic
objects, stories and lives from America's traditions of ingenuity,
resourcefulness and innovation. Our purpose is to inspire people to learn
from these traditions to help shape a better future.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PA-NJ