[PA-NJ Glassblowers] The Henry Ford is looking for a full-time, assistant glassblower.
gaffer at glassblower.info
Mon Jun 26 21:43:08 EDT 2017
Received the job posting below from Jennifer, happy to pass along to PA-NJ
gaffer at glasblower.info
APPLY ONLINE AT: THEHENRYFORD.ORG/JOBPOSTINGS
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
Produces glass products for sale and assists the Shop Supervisor/Master
Glassblower, FT Glassblower or Program Manager as necessary in other aspects
of Glass Shop operation. Contributes to the effective operation of the
Glass Shop Artisan Team. Participates in the delivery of historical
presentations to the public on a daily basis. Reports to Shop
Supervisor/Master Glass Blower.
1. Produces glass products for sale. Produces the basic items of the
product line (i.e. American Heritage Line) at 60% first quality accuracy.
2. Demonstrates historical glassblowing techniques to the public on a
regular basis, and
provides hospitality and service to visitors.
3. Delivers mission-based presentations to the public as defined by
Village management team.
4. Assists the Master Glassblower/Shop Lead, FT Glassblower, or in his
absence the Program Manager the training of part-time presenters in content
and presentation skills used in the glass shop.
5. Works with Shop Supervisor and Program Manager to ensure the physical
presentation, maintenance, and repair of the building, equipment, and tools.
Complies with OSHA and SDS standards.
6. Assists the Shop Supervisor/Master Glassblower, FT Glassblower, or in
his absence, the District Manager with training and coaching Assistant Glass
Blowers (PT) in the technical skill of glass blowing in accordance with
established standards and skill sets as defined by the Shop Supervisor and
6. Reports to the Shop Supervisor or in his absence the Program Manager
issues regarding the need for maintenance, repair of the building,
equipment, and tools, including the safe operation of the shop for visitors
7. Assists the Shop Supervisor and FT Glassblower with the development of
new glass products as assigned.
8. Assists the Shop Supervisor and FT Glassblower with necessary shop
operational tasks such as equipment maintenance, preparation, clean-up and
other duties as necessary.
9. Informs the Shop Supervisor or in his absence the Program Manager with
the need for program supplies and maintains supply inventories as necessary.
11. Contributes to the effective team management of all problems, issues and
12. Participates in the development of creative work which includes, but is
not limited to, publications in any medium, product and program development
and design, and all related collateral materials.
13. Performs other duties as necessary.
. High School diploma or equivalent.
. Demonstrated proficiency in glassblowing.
. Requires 3 years of production shop experience. Formal training in
. Weekday, weekend, evening, and holiday availability required.
. Course work or research experience in American technological history
or the history of glassblowing is desirable.
. Strong oral and written skills, public presentation skills,
interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team essential
. Ability to multitask
. Excellent guest services skills
. Team player
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
Physical: Sitting: 5%
Lifting: 50+ lbs.
Vision Normal (with correction)
Hearing: Normal (with correction)
Mental: Observation, interpretation,
analysis, synthesis, decision-making.
Must be able to "read"
visitor needs and interests and respond
Environment: Intense heat. Dust (respirator use is
required and must pass fit test).
Gain Perspective. Get Inspired. Make History.
The Henry Ford
20900 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, MI 48124
The Henry Ford provides unique educational experiences based on authentic
objects, stories and lives from America's traditions of ingenuity,
resourcefulness and innovation. Our purpose is to inspire people to learn
from these traditions to help shape a better future.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PA-NJ