East Falls Glassworks held its biggest party ever on Saturday July 26, 2008!
There was live music, refreshments, and plenty of activities.
It was the first ever "Hotshop Hoedown"! The Hoedown started at 3:00 and ended at 10pm!
Furnace Benefit Auction
They held an auction during the Hoedown, with all proceeds going towards East Falls Glasswork's new furnace.
All artists are invited to donate work for the auction; work can be dropped off anytime or mailed to East Falls Glassworks.
This is a chance to purchase work made by local artists, knowing that 100% of the purchase will go
towards improving Philadelphia's public access glassblowing facility.
The silent auction ended at 8:00, and the live auction started at 8:15.
- Glassblowing Demonstrations: There will be free demonstrations by many of our community artists. Any visiting glassblowers are welcome to join in the demonstrations.
- Live Music: There are two confirmed bands: rock and a bluegrass trio.
- Rib Cook Off: Yum ribs. 4-5PM and 7-8PM
- Raffle: We will be raffling off glassblowing lessons and some other East Falls Glassworks stuff.
- Other Stuff: There is more planned! Bring yourself, your family, your friends, your neighbors and prepare for a great time.